Pages

සීමාවන් නොමැති අදහස් වලට පණ දෙන්න.....

Saturday, December 26, 2009

How to use "Huawei e156G HSDPA" on Linux ( tested with openSUSE 11.0 )

Recently I bought a Huawei e156G HSDPA USB stick dongle to use to access to the Internet. After connecting the Huawei e156G in to my PC which is running with openSUSE 11.0 it I didn't know how to use it to access to the Internet.
So, I typed lsusb and found the system identifies the dongle Huawei e156G as "Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd. E220 HSDPA Modem / E270 HSDPA/HSUPA Modem". Then I restarted my PC with Windows XP , plugged my Huawei e156G dongle and searched the internet to know "How to connect Huawei e156G with Linux?".
Normally I don't like to use windows XP in my PC because "I love Linux". But if I need to use my dongle on Linux, I have to get some help from M$ to download the packages. I don't hesitate to get some help from another O/S when I needed.

After few searches I found a link to OpenSuse website to another site.(http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:HUAWEI_E220_Support). Then I downloaded huawei.tar.bz2 from the site http://oozie.fm.interia.pl/pro/huawei-e220/ and decompressed it using the terminal and installed that package to my system.

tar -xjvf huawei.tar.bz2
cd huawei
su
[password] ( [password] = your password for the root )
make install_suse



when the dongle is connected to a USB port , system will identify the USB dongle at /dev/ttyUSB0

then you could edit the wvdial-huawei.conf file which is in the /etc/
( path :
/etc/wvdial-huawei.conf )
no need to edit whole file. It's enough to edit Phone , username , password fields to work with some ISPs. check your ISP for phone number which is needed to dial to connect and username , password also.

then you could surf the internet using the wvdial command.

you can try this with different distros and distributions.

Source : " http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:HUAWEI_E220_Support " Accessed on 24-12-2009 "
Technorati Tags:

1 comment:

හිත කියන්නෙ පුදුම දෙයක්. ඒක තියෙන්නෙ කොතැනද කියලා කවුද දන්නෙ?
හිත නිතරම වෙනස් වෙනවා. හිතට නිතරම සිතුවිලි එනවා.
හිතට වරක් ආපු සිතුවිල්ලක් නැවත ඇති වෙන්නෙ කලාතුරකින්.

ඔබ කැමති නම් හිතට එන සිතුවිලි/අදහස් අකුරු කරන්න.


ඇනෝලා සමා වෙත්වා. මගේ බ්ලොග් එකට ස්පෑම්බොට් එකකින් ස්පෑම් කමෙන්ට් එනනිසා ඇනෝලාගේ කමෙන්ට් කිරීමේ අයිතිය නැති කරන්න සිදු වුනා.

Related Posts with Thumbnails